Layers of colour and texture elevate the stitching experience and enhance the beauty of the projects in issue 115, with the use of raised embroidery techniques, cutwork, silk ribbon, wool threads, and translucent and hand-dyed fabrics with compelling surface embroidery. Also enjoy feature articles by Ansie van der Walt including: Connect with Stitch with Claire Wellesley-Smith, Narratives in Cloth, and In Profile with Dr Elbe Coetsee.
- Primroses & Violets by Di van Niekerk
- Dimensional silk ribbon and layering techniques bring these sumptuous blooms to life.
- Red Columbine by Trish Burr
- Stunning presentation of a vibrant flower on translucent fabric.
- Golden Moth Orchid by Alison Cole
- Superb stumpwork study of a golden Australian orchid.
- Sweet Stitches by Fumie Suzuki
- Dainty drawstring pouch featuring exquisite Hedebo embroidery.
- Blue-Breasted Fairy Wren by Renette Kumm
- Colourful fairy wren depicted with threadpainting.
- Floral Symphony by Laurence Lieblich
- Pretty flowers worked with lustrous silk threads adorn this cushion.
- Daffodils & Violas by Wendy Innes
- Bright, spring flowers stitched with stumpwork, raised and surface embroidery.
- Ophelia’s Fox by Phillipa Turnbull
- Crewelwork panel of a red fox in his woodland territory.