Cushion inspired by the portrait of Queen Marie-Antoinette by Élisabeth Vigée Le Brun .
This portrait, Marie-Antoinette à la rose, is probably one of the most common images of the sovereign. It is displayed at the Petit Trianon.
She is wearing a blue satin French-style dress with a striped ribbon. The neck line and sleeves are edged with fine lace. Look at the imposing feathered hat.
It is not easy to interpret such a portrait in cross-stitch with the multiple nuances.
Élisabeth Vigée Le Brun, official painter of the Queen with over 20 portraits to her same said of her model: “… her skin was so transparent it would hold no shadow. Thus I could not capture the effect as I wished: there were no colours to paint this freshness, these fine tones which belonged only to this charming person and which I never found on another woman.”
This chart is taken from our spectacular pattern dedicated to Marie-Antoinette. The two embroideries depicting the Versailles Palace and Marie-Antoinette are the sixth in the “Museums and Heritage” collection.
Size of motif: 144 stitches wide by 196 stitches high.
When embroidered on 12 count (per cm) linen, the finished project measures 24 x 32.7cm.
Size of finished cushion: 32 x 40.7cm.
This kit contains:
- full-colour pattern chart printed on A3 sheet of paper ;
- 12 count pink embroidery linen 35 x 44cm;
- 100% cotton fabric 36 x 44cm for the back;
- 21 cards of Retors du Nord embroidery floss n°s 22001, 2004, 2005, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2034, 2036, 2037, 2041, 2180, 2190, 2317, 2340, 2445, 2535, 2536, 2615, 2818, 2876;
- A Sajou “Créé par moi” label (Made by me).
It is presented in a transparent sachet with a Sajou header.