The indienne fabric here is inspired by the reconstruction of the Emperor’s campaign tent from the Napoleonic wars.
The reconstruction was based on a model conserved at the Mobilier National. Generally the exterior was made of blue and white striped drill edged with a fringe of red wool. The interior is decorated with an indienne fabric, most probably printed at the Oberkampf Manufactory in Jouy. On the ground, a leopard-print carpet, evoking the saddle-cloths of cavalry officers.
The tent was set up on battlefields and comprised a bedroom in the back with an iron bed with a strap base and in the front, a study with a folding writing desk and chair.
In the reconstruction, you can also see the Emperor’s famous grey redingote.
Size of motif: 185 stitches wide by 130 stitches high.
When embroidered on 12 count (per cm) linen, the finished project measures 30.8 x 21.7cm.
The kit contains:
- full-colour pattern chart is printed on one 60 x 28cm sheet with all necessary explanations;
- one 35 x 25cm of pearl grey linen fabric;
- 9 cards of Retors du Nord embroidery floss: 2004, 2005, 2016, 2023, 2028, 2034, 2038, 2749 et 2876;
- 100% cotton fabric 35 x 25cm;
- a Sajou “Créé par moi” label (Made by me).
Presented in a Sajou square box.