Create stunning, three-dimensional pieces using stumpwork techniques and explore the possibilities of pattern and texture with pulled thread, withdrawn thread and Schwalm embroidery. Enjoy sophisticated combinations of trellis couching and needlelace combinations, and delight your senses by working with soft, colourful wool threads.
Also enjoy feature articles by Ansie van der Walt including:
Changing Lanes with Sharon Peoples, Natural Remedies with Aimee Estcourt, and Stitching to the Edge with Carol Cooke.
- Off the Hook by Susan O’Connor Paperweights featuring fully dressed fishing flies in surface embroidery.
- Rose & Daisies by Ana Mallah Stunning garden flowers in three-dimensional embroidery.
- Between the Lines by Deborah Love Lavender sachet utilising a selection of withdrawn thread techniques.
- The Queen’s Pomegranate by Kathy Andrews Cushion with a regal pomegranate in crewel embroidery.
- Good Morning by Kim Beamish Pretty table mat featuring pulled thread embroidery.
- Rich Harvest by Di Kirchner Pincushion with colourful crewel and Bargello designs.
- From the Heart by Luzine Happel Large cushion showcasing beautiful Schwalm whitework on natural linen.
- Rare Bloom by Hazel Blomkamp Ornate flower combining surface embroidery and needlelace.